Episode 7: The Great Restoration
The clock is ticking on tackling climate change. But with Covid-19 dominating the headlines, is global warming in danger of becoming a forgotten crisis? To ensure sustainability stays top of the agenda, Cratus has partnered with specialist consultancy, Stantec, to deliver a programme of engaging environmental webinars in the run up to COP26 in Glasgow.
Even if the UK achieves net zero by 2050, it will still have accumulated a “carbon hangover” of well over 80 billion tonnes. But the University of Oxford’s Tim Kruger has some ideas to remove it.
He joins our regular panel this month to discuss this ‘great restoration’, how we could be using natural gas to generate electricity and remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and more.
All previous episodes are available on YouTube, and topics include Nature Based Solutions, Housing, Transport and COP26.
Our regular panel is:
- Nick Kilby – CEO, Cratus Communications
- Keith Mitchell – Regional (UK) Director Community Development and Infrastructure, Stantec
- Vikki Slade – Associate Director and Sustainability Lead, Cratus Communications
- Jonathan Riggall – Director of Energy and Natural Resources, Stantec
- Jenny Hughes – Climate Change and Social Values Manager, Stantec
Relevant to both seasoned environmentalists and those starting out on their sustainability journey – this charismatic discussion series explores the opportunities for the built environment, local authorities and local communities to take action and halt, or even repair, the harm done to the environment.