Our World is Local – and it’s Growing
Locations – M4/M40 corridor, East of England, East and West Midlands with supporting locations in Reading, Bristol, Southampton and London
We’re looking for engaged, intelligent and politically astute individuals to lead our communications practice as it expands into the regions.
We have a good base of clients and projects across these locations but we want to build upon this and create a sustainable operation for the long term across our Northern and Southern Home Counties heartlands and beyond.
Supported by an established team of directors and associates, successful candidates will be responsible for developing and delivering Cratus’s communications offer across the regions.
Who’s right for the job?
The right candidates will be proactive, collegiate and enjoy working with broad teams from across the organisation.
A great communicator and enthusiastic leader. Someone who is driven to build the team and our ever-growing client base.
On any given day, you will be running projects, managing the team and driving business development. You will be engaging with clients, politicians, residents and community groups – and you will need to be able to build effective relationships at every level, providing superb service at all times.
You must be well-organised, comfortable working with others and have the ability to think fast and deliver high quality advice.
More than a third of your time will be spent on developing your network, finding new business leads and hosting client events with our Business Development Director supported by the events team.
You will be adept at managing workloads and prioritising tasks, putting together and delivering the communication and engagement strategies and ensuring your team is operating to its potential. As the team grows, you will be responsible for recruiting new team members, as well as building the profile of Cratus.
Skills we need
- Ability to build, lead and develop a team
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of people in different environments
- Self-starter with motivation and enthusiasm to work on own initiative
- Great team player keen to pitch in when needed
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Salary – from £60k up to £85k P.A. depending on experience
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Extra birthday and Christmas leave
- Regular social events
- Flexible working options
- Private medical insurance if you become permanent
To apply – contact Julian Seymour on 07730 074 805 or email him via [email protected] with a covering note explaining why you think you fit the bill and an up to date C.V. with references before 5pm Friday 28th January.
Cratus is a public affairs and communications agency with a unique focus on Local Government at all levels across England. Core to all that we do is a passion for the sector and a commitment to create and improve partnerships between local authorities, the private sector and the communities they serve.
We do this via:
- Strategic public affairs support for organisations working around Local Government in England
- Direct advisory for local authority Leaders and Chief Executives
- Political and community engagement at a local level for housebuilders and the wider development sector
So what sets Cratus apart from other agencies?
Quite simply, it’s our people. In past lives, we have led councils, shaped housing policy, edited national newspapers, rolled out high-profile campaigns, transformed communities, and worked at the highest levels in the Civil Service. And it’s this first-hand experience and unmatched expertise that delivers real success for our many clients.