Our world is local. We have a passion for politics and a commitment to community, Cratus supports organisations which would like to engage, and work with, the public sector and the communities it serves.
With a creative and collaborative culture, we operate from coast to coast on projects which range from reviewing council services to supporting developers on challenging projects and building communities.
- £21k salary
- Three month full-time internship with progression programme and possibility of permanent contract
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Extra birthday and Christmas leave
- Central London office with good coffee, free healthy snacks all day and free on-site gym with classes
- Regular social events
- Flexible working options
- Private medical insurance if you become permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for four Graduate Interns to join the Cratus team on a 3-month contract, with the possibility of a permanent role. If you are a recent university graduate, or are looking to kickstart your career in communications, PR, consultation or engagement you could be our next hire.
You don’t need industry experience, but you should be a competent writer, able to use your own initiative, and be keen to get stuck into every aspect of a project.
You would be joining a strong team and working across the full spectrum of Cratus services. It’s a great opportunity to learn all about working in a communications agency. You will get bags of experience in all areas, from advising councils to writing comms strategies, carrying out consultations and meeting residents on the ground. We will support you to grow and develop the experience you need to start your career as a comms professional.
You will be able to access our central office in London around twice a week as a minimum, and remote working for part of the week will be expected,
We are looking for people who are:
- Great writers
- Initiative takers
- Team players
- Network builders
The role is multifaceted and while the main activities are captured below, there may be other elements to the job which are not included.
The main strands of work are:
Element 1 – Project support across teams
- Supporting client management and project administration
- Drafting range of communication strategies
- Drafting newsletters and reports for sign off by project lead
- Organising stakeholder meetings
Element 2 – Personal development
- Identifying areas for further learning and development
- Managing workload and reprioritising as needed
- Shadowing and learning from senior team members
Element 3 – Research and social media
- Carrying out project specific research and producing stakeholder maps
- Organising social media campaigning
- Social media research
Element 4 – Business development
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Keeping up to date with local and sector press
Element 5 – Company responsibilities
- Support corporate and team initiatives
- Office administration as required
If you have any queries, give Gemma Gallant, our Executive Director of Communities a call on 07437 057671.